The pros and cons of smart home security
The face of home security is changing as consumer technology becomes smarter than ever. There is an ever-growing market of smart home products available, from smart home assistants, to thermostats, smoke alarms and home security products that can help put you in control of your home.
There are a lot of options when it comes to home security and 3 out of 5 consumers of smart home products, buy for the ability to monitor their house via their smart phone, using cameras and video doorbells. Smart home security can offer many advantages, but they can come with some complications, so here at Town & Country we have compiled a list of the pros and cons of smart home security systems
- Alerts you when the system is triggered, directly to your smartphone.
- Allows you to monitor your home from your smartphone whilst you’re on the go, giving you peace of mind.
- Offers the convenience of being able to control your home security from your smartphone.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Allows you to customise your home security system by adding as many or as few products as you like.
- Environmentally friendly (where applicable) as it can be controlled remotely for optimal energy efficiency.
- Can be costly, depending on what brands and how many products you choose.
- May require a bit of learning for those that aren’t tech savvy.
- Requires a reliable internet connection.
- Although extremely rare, some of the products could be susceptible to hacking potential if they are not securely password protected.
- Not all products are compatible, especially across different makes. So, you may require more than one app to monitor separate features.
If you’re thinking about smart home security options or would like to know more, contact the team at Town & Country on 0800 160 11 25.